Communication Skills for Managers
This Communication Skills training enables delegates to enhance their personal and team productivity by improving their working and customer relationships. The programme will give delegates a greater awareness of the affect their behaviour has on others and increase their options when dealing with difficult people, conflict, or work-related problems. We will look at how to influence people in their decisions using persuasive communication. We will also learn how to become more assertive, so that we can negotiate good outcomes.
This course will cover how to:
- Communicate clearly and correctly to avoid misunderstanding and get your message across
- Develop and use your listening skills to solve problems, diffuse conflict, educate, and be a more productive
- Improve work relations through building rapport, listening and communicating positively
- Choose the most appropriate mode for communicating a message
- Communicate and negotiate with others in a more persuasive and compelling style
- Give and receive feedback
- Develop a range of responses to deal successfully with difficult people and conflict whilst maintaining effective working relationships.
- Responding appropriately to aggression in others
- Using the Transactional Analysis communication theory, to help you communicate better with others and not get drawn into unproductive arguments
- Planning your persuasive communication appropriately for the situation through objective setting and considering carefully likely responses
- Gain a greater understanding of your personal behavioural style and the effect it has on the performance of your team and colleagues
- Identify the styles that others are using, and bring out the best in them