Employee Forum Workshop
This is an interactive, thought provoking and fun workshop to help people represent others when taking part in meetings. Delegates will also learn how to provide feedback to colleagues on what took place and decisions made. The course will include a strategic focus on what works well and what could be improved within the organisation.
Who is it for
- Anyone who represents others / management in a meeting
- Staff or managers who take part in organisational consultation meetings
- Delegates who need to learn the art of taking part in constructive dialogue
- Anyone who needs to take part in joint decision making
- Teams that need to move forward that are a bit “stuck”
What is the role as an Employee representative?
- What is expected of the role
What is the purpose of our meetings?
- Time for reflection on what went well and what could improve
The qualities of a workplace representative
- Knowing your Locus of Control
- Communication skills
- Listening – looking at the barriers to listening effectively
- Questioning – Open and Closed questioning
- Transactional Analysis for Adult conversations
- Passing on the message
- Selling an idea
- Creative problem solving
Team building exercise