We all need excellent communication skills to become more efficient. We need to be able to communicate, build relationships and work with individuals at all level. Their behaviour and interpersonal skills can affect others both positively and negatively; consequently, this is an important element of working with others.
This Communication Skills training enables delegates to enhance their personal and team productivity by improving their working relationships. The programme will give delegates a greater awareness of the affect their behaviour has on others and increase their options when dealing with difficult staff, conflict or work-related problems.
This course will cover how to:
- Communicate clearly and correctly to avoid misunderstanding and get your message across
- Develop and use your listening skills to solve problems, diffuse conflict, teach, and be more productive
- Choose the most appropriate media for communicating your message
- Gain a greater understanding of your personal behavioural style and the effect it has on the performance of your team and colleagues.
- Communicate and negotiate with others in a more persuasive and compelling style
- Give and receive feedback
- Use the Transactional Analysis communication theory to help you communicate better with others and not get pulled into unproductive arguments
- Identify the styles that others are using, and bring out the best in them
- Develop a range of responses to deal successfully with difficult people and conflict whilst maintaining effective working relationships.