Writing Effective Business Letters/Emails
Who is the course for?
Do you have to write emails/letters on a regular basis? Do you sometimes find it difficult to get your message over? Would you like some practical help in writing business letters? This course is designed specifically for people who want to improve their Business Writing communication, to get their message over, whilst building or maintaining rapport. It is a hands-on practical course giving opportunity to write letters and receive feedback.
To increase the course participant’s knowledge and skills to be able to write business letters and emails, in a professional and friendly way.
The course will include the following:
- Analysing and determining the barriers of written communication in sending and receiving the message
- The importance of structuring and planning in conveying a message to meet objectives
- Using the principles of the “Rhetorical Triangle” to win your audience over
- Developing and building rapport in writing
- Showing care and respect
- Using accessible wording
- Achieving a conversational tone
- Personalising what you write
- Getting a response
- A look at the styles of writing through the ages including what we want today
- To recognise and apply the Plain English principles
- Avoiding jargon and clichés
- Using the right word in the right context
- Watching out for repetition
- Making your writing easy to understand
- Spelling, punctuation, grammar and turning passive to active language
- Using format to convey a message (typeface, white space, colours, bullets, images)
- Writing messages using positive language
- Proofreading and editing your message